How to Make Money Online – The Definitive Guide
The Definitive Guide to Making Money Online
People say that money does not grow on trees and that there’s no such things as a free lunch. But, with a little effort and consistency, you can make free money on the Internet.
So, herewith is Swagbucks’ Definitive Guide to Making Free Money Online!
For starters, Swagbucks is a free and highly rated digital rewards and cashback site that’s paid out over $275 million to its users. Swagbucks offers a number of activities for its users to make money online.
Users earn points called SB on Swagbucks and redeem them for PayPal cash or gift cards. 100 SB = $1.00.
Make Money Taking Online Surveys
One of the most popular and common ways people can make money online is through the Swagbucks online survey program.
Here’s how it works: brands and market research companies invite Swagbucks users to fill-out online surveys about products and services. When users complete a survey, Swagbucks pays its users between $0.05 and $2.50 (and sometimes as much as $25 – $35).
The survey topics include ones about advertising and movie trailer effectiveness; the importance of various product and service features; and, perhaps the most popular, in-home product trials.
It’s important to keep in mind that participants don’t “qualify” for all surveys. Market researchers often want opinions from users who match specific demographics or who are in-market for particular products and services. If you attempt a survey that you ultimately don’t qualify for, Swagbucks will give you at least one point in its rewards program. You know what they say: “A penny for your thoughts”.
So, after you’ve gone through your email; after you’ve run through your Instagram and Facebook feeds; when you’ve watched all your Snapchat stories and looked through your Twitter, fill up your free or idle time with free money by taking online surveys.
To start making money with online surveys, sign-up with Swagbucks, verify your email address and complete a profiler.
Stick with it. Getting paid for taking surveys takes time but with perseverance, you’ll see the money add up.
Make Money Whey You Try Products & Services
You’ve probably heard the quote: “Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is, I don’t know which half.” (John Wanamaker).
That’s where Swagbucks comes in. Marketers and brands literally pay Swagbucks users to try their products and services. In most cases, the amount of money that marketers pay cover a portion of the cost. However, there are some cases where companies reward users with more than the cost of trying their service. This is often the case with subscription services where advertisers want to entice consumers into an initial trial of their service with the hope that consumers will stay subscribed after the trial period.
Here’s a round-up of some of the best deals for great services where you can actually make money simply by trying them out.
- Hulu: Try the video streaming service for just $7.99 for 1 month and get more cash back than the cost of the trial. Watch The Handmaid’s Tale. If you like it, keep Hulu. Otherwise, there’s no obligation.
- Dollar Shave Club: Test out great razors with their starter set for just five bucks. Get a clean shave and nice splash of cash that will more than cover the cost of your trial.
- Bluehost: if you’ve been thinking about creating a website, now’s the time! Use Bluehost to host your site. They have hosting deals that start at $2.95/mos. And, if you use Swagbucks to sign-up, you’ll get enough cashback to more than cover the cost of your entire year of hosting.
There are always new trial offers that rotate through Swabucks. Some are what you might consider “money-makers” like the ones listed above; others are just great deals on products and services that you might want to try.
Check the website daily for “free money” offers and other great savings.
Make Money by Watching Videos and Reviewing Web Content
Who doesn’t watch online videos? So, you might as well get paid for watching videos! Swagbucks has a portion of its website and host of mobile apps that are dedicated to rewarding users for watching video playlists and reviewing the content of various websites.
If you’re committed, you can consistently make about $5 per day watching videos on Swagbucks. There’s a range of interesting video categories. They include Entertainment, Food, Home & Garden, Health, Tech and Travel.
So, if you want to make free money while watching cool videos, explore the Swagbucks Watch channel. And, download the Swagbucks Watch mobile apps to make money while watching videos on-the-go!
Get Cashback When You Shop Online
Whether you’re a shopaholic or someone who only shops when you need something, everyone deserves to get cashback when they shop online. When you use cashback sites like Swagbucks, MyPoints or ShopAtHome, you get back a portion of what spend. It’s like getting free money based on the things you buy.
Here’s how it works.
- Simply register for free at for one of the popular cashback sites. Of course, we recommend Swagbucks. Why? Well, apart from us authoring this article, you’ll receive a $10 new shopper bonus after you make your first purchase through our cashback portal.
- Whenever you plan to make an online purchase, find the store at which you intend to shop within the Swagbucks Store Directory. Then, simply click through from the store’s page on Swagbucks.
- Swagbucks receives confirmation of your purchase anywhere between 1 – 3 days after you place your order.
- Your cashback balance sits in a “pending state” for about 32 days. We use the period for the store to confirm with us that your order has shipped. For travel purchases and additional details, read our FAQ on Cashback Pending Periods.
- After this pending state period, we credit the cashback to your account and it’s available to transfer via PayPal or exchange for a gift card.
- Then, if you’re a new shopper, we credit your $10 new customer bonus 2-3 days after we credit your cashback.
The best way to ensure that you always remember to get this free cashback money is to use the Swagbucks browser extension. It’s a simple, yet powerful, tool that you add to your Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari browser that alerts you about available coupons and cashback amounts when you shop online. It’s there when you need it; not when you don’t.
Make Money When You Dine-Out
Dining out can get expensive. And, for many of us, dining out is a special treat. So, when you do, you should make the most of it! That means enjoying the time you spend with family and friends. But, also, making sure you don’t spend more money than you need to.
The best way to save money, and essentially make money, when you dine out is to use a service like SB Local. With it, you’ll effortlessly receive cashback when you dine out or shop at any of the 1,000s of participating restaurants and retailers nationwide. And, you won’t have to show a coupon or do anything other than pay with the credit card you link to the Swagbucks Local program.
So, take a peek at what’s available in your neighborhood.
Another great way to get free money when you dine out is to buy, at MyGiftCardsPlus.com, a gift card to the restaurant at which you plan to dine. MyGiftCardsPlus is a top-rated gift card mall that gives you cashback when you buy a gift card.
Check the site to see if your restaurant is there. If it’s not, then you might actually find another one that’s just as a delightful but, where with a cashback gift card, you can get free money for dining there!
Summary to Making Money Online
If you’re dedicated and consistent, you will absolutely make money online from Swagbucks. Here’s a quick
- Get paid share your opinion by completing online surveys
- Make money by trying new products and services
- Get rewarded for watching popular and fun video playlists
- Use the Swagbucks shopping portal to get cashback when you shop online
- Check SB Local and MyGiftCardsPlus before you dine out to get cashback at popular restaurants
Join Swagbucks today. It’s free!