Recipe of the Week: Grilled Pineapple with Nutella
If you want to use your grill as much as possible before summer is over, this fresh and easy dessert is for you. If you don’t have a grill you can always use a stovetop grill pan and it will still be just as delicious! Original recipe from Food Network.
2 pineapples, peeled, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices and core removed
2/3 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup Nutella
6 tablespoons whipping cream
3 tablespoons chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Prepare the outdoor barbecue to medium-high heat. If you do not have a barbecue, you can use an indoor grill pan set to medium high heat. Lightly oil the grill. Grill the pineapple slices until heated through and beginning to brown, about 3 minutes per side. It’s important to leave the pineapples on the grill, untouched so that you can create the grill marks.
- While the pineapples are cooking, whisk the mascarpone and vanilla in a small bowl to blend. Set aside.
- Combine the chocolate-hazelnut spread and cream in a small bowl and stir to combine. Place in a microwave on high for about 2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds to blend well. Alternatively, you can combine the chocolate-hazelnut spread and cream in a small saucepan, set over low heat, and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Heat until satiny smooth and easy to pour, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the pineapple slices to a large platter. Drizzle the warm chocolate-hazelnut sauce over.
- Dollop the mascarpone mixture atop. Sprinkle with the hazelnuts and serve.