DIY of the Week: Egg Carton Bunny
Easter may look a bit different this year with many of us staying home and social distancing. However, just because you won’t be attending a big family gathering doesn’t mean you can’t still get festive with a fun Easter craft. This tutorial from Thebestideasforkids.com one is simple but so cute, and kids will love creating their own Easter bunny.
- Egg carton
- Paint in desired colors (ie pink, yellow, light blue, light purple)
- Googly eyes (you can also draw eyes on)
- Pom Poms
- White foam (or paper or cardboard could work)
- Begin by cutting 2 egg compartments from the carton, trimming off the edges
- Place the 2 pieces together to create a sphere and tape them together with a small piece of tape on the back. Open up the carton “egg” and put another piece of tape inside to secure them together.
- Paint the egg your desired color
- Cut 2 bunny ear shapes out of the foam. You could also use cardboard or card stock.
- Once the paint is dry, add the eyes and pink pom pom for the nose. If you don’t have these items you can paint or draw the face on, or use any other craft supplies that may work! (sequins, buttons, etc)
- Glue on the ears. Then add whiskers, eyelashes, freckles, or any other touches with the marker.
- You can fill your egg carton bunnies with chocolates or candies!