Recipe of the Week: Foil-Pack Cheesy Fries
This recipe from Pillsbury is sure to bring some joy to your family because its special and fun, yet still very easy to put together. Fries, cheese, and bacon for the win! You can also add other toppings or use your own home made potatoes or fries instead of a frozen fries. There are tons of possibilities based on what you have at home.
- 1 bag of frozen crinkle-cut French fries
- 1 table spoon melted butter
- 4 slices of cheese (American or whatever you have)
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits or chopped bacon
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat. Toss frozen fries with melted butter.
- Tear off 2 12-inch pieces of foil to make foil pouches. Place half the fries in a single layer in the center of 1 piece of foil. Loosely fold the foil around edges to form a boat, leaving a large hole at the top. Repeat with the remaining fries and foil.
- Place packets on grill over indirect heat. Cover grill, cook 20-30 minutes, stirring once, until fries are crispy and baked through. Top each packet with sliced cheese, cook 2 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Spring with green onions and bacon before serving.