Recipe Of The Week: Jack-O’-Lantern Stuffed Peppers
Put a little twist on your next dinner with this festive stuffed peppers recipe from Delish.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
4 orange bell peppers
extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp. chili powder
1 lb. ground beef
1 c. cooked white rice
1 c. low-sodium chicken broth, divided
1 (15-oz.) can fire-roasted tomatoes
1 c. shredded Monterey Jack, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut off (and reserve) the top of each pepper. Remove and discard the cores and seeds. Using a sharp paring knife, carve a Jack O’Lantern face into each pepper. Drizzle the inside of each pepper with oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Place the peppers upright in a large baking dish along with the pepper tops.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet. Cook onions until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add beef and cook until meat is no longer pink, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon. Turn off heat and drain fat.
- Return skillet to stovetop over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir in chili powder. Add fire-roasted tomatoes, 1/2 cup chicken broth, cooked rice and 3/4 cup of cheese. Stir until mixture is evenly combined.
- Divide rice and beef mixture between hollowed out peppers. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Pour remaining 1/2 cup chicken stock into pan. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until peppers are tender and cheese is melty.
See full recipe here.