Recipe Of The Week: Dash® Seasoning Blends RoundUp
We’re back with another delicious recipe roundup! This week we’re featuring Dash® Seasoning Blends that are guaranteed to make bland cooking delicious again. Purchase Dash® Seasoning Blends on your next trip to Walmart and earn up to 200 SB!* They’re available now in 2.5oz or 6.5oz containers.
Everything Bagel Dip
Makes about 1 2/3rd cup
- This dip is thick, creamy and rich with a tangy finish. It’s flavored with everyone’s favorite Everything But The Salt blend—but without any added salt.
- While you can serve it right away, it’s best if it sits for at least 30 minutes. This gives the dry spices within the seasoning blend time to flavor things and rehydrate.
- Like most yogurt-based dips, this will separate and requires a quick mix before serving (especially if you make it a day or two in advance).
- Serve with sturdier veggies, like cucumbers, celery, peppers, carrots, radishes, baby tomatoes, and snap peas. Or you can play off of an “everything bagel with cream cheese” and serve with thinly sliced whole-grain bagel chips. It’s also a great dip for pretzels, breadsticks, and crackers.
- 1/3 to ½ cup feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup nonfat or low-fat Greek-style plain yogurt (thicker brands works best)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Dash Everything But the Salt Seasoning blend
In a medium bowl whisk together, feta, sour cream, yogurt, and lemon juice. Mix in Dash salt-free seasoning and stir until well combined. Serve with crudites and/or pita chips.
Serving size 2 tablespoons.
A few notes
- The key is to have about 1/3 of the cooked vegetables for the filling and the rest as the “bed” for serving.
- You can make this a one-pan meal if you scale down to 4 servings/breasts and use an oven-proof skillet. Simply line up the 4 stuffed chicken breasts on the used skillet and place in the oven to cook.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3 lbs total)
- 2 tablespoons Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend—1 tsp per chicken breast*
- 6 large bell peppers (sweet varieties; red, yellow or orange), sliced into thin strips
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, (~juice of half lime), plus more wedges for serving
- 3oz reduced-fat cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- ½ to 1 cup reduced-fat Mexican shredded cheese blend
- Optional garnish: Finely sliced scallions and fresh cilantro, chopped.
*You can also swap in Dash Extra Spicy or Fiesta Lime Seasoning Blend
Preheat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
Place chicken breasts on a cutting board. Slice a lengthwise deep pocket into each breast to create a large cavity for filling.
Mist a large skillet with nonstick oil spray and warm over medium heat. Add the peppers and onions, and sauté until they’re soft and caramelized, about 12 to 14 minutes, stirring frequently. Mix in the lime juice and remove pan from heat. Transfer about 2 cups of the cooked pepper mixture into a medium-sized mixing bowl and allow to cool slightly. Transfer the remaining cooked vegetables onto a dish to reserve for serving. Cover to keep this second batch warm.
To the bowl with 2 cups cooked vegetables, add cream cheese and shredded cheese blend. Mix until well combined.
Season each chicken breast with Dash seasoning (1 teaspoon per breast). Stuff the pepper-cheese mixture into each chicken pocket, pressing to pack in place.
Preheat the same skillet over medium-high heat and mist liberally with nonstick oil spray. Sear each chicken breast in batches of three for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer seared and stuffed chicken breast to the prepared baking sheet.
Place baking sheet in oven for about 15 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked and has reached an internal temperature of 165°. Serve the Fajita-Stuffed Chicken on top of the reserved sauteed peppers and onions and garnish with optional scallions and cilantro.
Fiesta Lime Popcorn
4 servings (about 3 cups per serving)
The lime makes the popcorn bright, but you still get a spicy finish from the flavorful seasoning blend. This is a perfect game day snack to satisfy cravings. The lime zest made it wow-delish.
- 12 cups air-popped or store-bought light popcorn
- 2 to 3 tablespoons pecorino or cotija, finely grated
- 4 to 6 teaspoons DASH Fiesta Lime or DASH Spicy Jalapeno
- Freshly grated lime zest (optional)
Spread popcorn out on a baking sheet and mist with olive oil spray until well coated. Sprinkle Dash seasoning evenly over the popcorn. Mist the popcorn again, and sprinkle with optional cheese and lime zest. Serve Immediately.